Zafira 1.6 ecotec misfire

Hi first post here so please be nice :-) I have a 1600 ecotec zafira with 20000 miles on the clock, it is driven sedately by my other half and caned by me! The problem is that it has started missing occasionally. It doesnt matter whether the car is hot, cold, under load, or not it will just start to run rough or sound like it is running on 3 cylinders it also loses power when it happens, but it never stalls and there is no error lights on the dashboard I have tried multiple basic fixes but I now need more help on what to do next, So far I have Changed the fuel (from Morrisons to Shell Optimax) Changed oil (10/40) Checked and changed spark plugs checked the air inlet and filter were clean and I have revved the Knackers out of it to ensure it is not a sticky valve

Where do I go from here? And thanks in advance

Reply to
Andy

Common problem with Vauxhalls, change the plugs.

Dave

Reply to
Rebelrouser

The OP has alrady changed the plugs!!

Tim.

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

I used to have an astra with the same engine. One of the coils in the moulded coil block which sits atop all the plugs had failed, giving these symptoms. It had only done about 10,000 miles. I had it replaced under warranty, so dunno how much it costs.

james

Reply to
James

Hi thanks fro the reply but I have already changed the plugs, and double checked the gaps....

Anything else?

Reply to
Andy

Oops, that'll teach me to speed read.