Zafira: interior light not working

I've got an '04 Zafira GSi and a couple of days ago one of the interior light bulbs in the central pair stopped working. So I popped the cover off thinking it was a blown bulb, but when I pulled it out the filament was intact. So I put the bulb back in and it lit when fully depressed by my finger, but when it popped back to it's normal position it went back out.

So, thinking it might be a dodgy connection I pushed the bulb back in again upon which it lit up, and then all the interior lights went out, including the glovebox...

'Blown the fuse' I thought, so I pulled the fuse only to find it intact.

So, before I start to really mess about with the car's electrics, any suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Reply to
Abo

Re-check all the fuses cos they have a funny habit of not listing them correctly.

Reply to
me140

Yeah, I've seen that before so all the fuses were checked :(

Reply to
Abo

Reply to
me140

I start to really mess about with the car's electrics, any

Try swapping another festoon bulb from any other location in the car; it could be that you have a fractured element in the bulb letting it work intermittently.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Yeah, I'll have a look at that later. But since all the interior bulbs are now out something is wrong somewhere. I was thinking maybe the dimmer is damaged, keeping the bulbs permanently dimmed (ie off)?

Reply to
Abo

Reply to
me140

Cheers for that, I'll get a multimeter on it when I get 5 minutes

Reply to
Abo