Zafira second service question

My Zafira is due for its 2 year service, but it has only done 14,000 miles and they are trying to make me pay an extra =A330 for brake fluid. Is that necessary? The brakes seem fine to me, but they are not something you should scrimp on, obviously.

Also my local dealer is asking =A3187 for the service, which also seems extortionate. Is there a site to compare Vauxhall service prices and what is the chances of them giving a discount to save me the hassle of going elsewhere?

Cheers ed

Reply to
Ed the Amateur

Also my local dealer is asking £187 for the service, which also seems extortionate. Is there a site to compare Vauxhall service prices and what is the chances of them giving a discount to save me the hassle of going elsewhere?

£200 is cheap as chips, stop moaning.

Brake fluid I would change at 3 yr intervals.

As your mileage is low, and the bi-annual services a joke- i would strongly suggest you have a 12month oil change at the very least.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

you can ignore the fluid change, but really I would not recommend it. The problems won't show now, but in a few years they will, or when you really need the brakes to be right.

187 sounds cheap to me. I wouldn't quibble at that. A general service at an independent is likely to only cost a little less and have far fewer guarantees.

The prices may well vary across the country, I know people that visit relatives up north and get their car serviced at the same time as it is so much cheaper up there.

My Ferrari service is 1600 quid at an independent place, needless to say I do it myself.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
Mrcheerful

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:38:23 -0700 (PDT), I waved a wand and this message magically appears in front of Ed the Amateur:

Brake fluid has to be changed every two years, regardless of condition. This is because it deteriorates with time, not mileage. Don't scrimp.

Reply to
Alex Buell

Alex Buell (Alex Buell ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Seconded.

DOT3 and 4 brake fluid is hygroscopic and absorbs moisture from the atmosphere. This leads to corrosion of components from the inside and premature failure. It also causes the brake fluid to boil at a lower temperature, which can lead to brake failure at inopportune moments...

Reply to
Adrian

Also my local dealer is asking £187 for the service, which also seems extortionate. Is there a site to compare Vauxhall service prices and what is the chances of them giving a discount to save me the hassle of going elsewhere?

Cheers ed

Look in the service book you got with the car - it clearly tells you what is required at each service.

Reply to
Rob

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:10:46 GMT, I waved a wand and this message magically appears in front of Mrcheerful:

*cough* *splutter*

I knew servicing my Audi cabriolet was expensive but...

What on earth do they supply at these prices? What does an Ferrari service consist of? I'd be interested in all the gory details, just out of pure curiosity!

Reply to
Alex Buell

Here you go, 308 gt4 service:

why not bring it to "terry keys motorsport" to have our full comprehensive service package including:

detailed engine bay lubricant change new oil filter new air filters new fuel filters new Cam-belts new spark plugs cam oil seals plated nuts and bolts painted cam covers, belt covers and end caps R12 dropping gas recharge EBC fast road brake pads brake discs re-skimmed tune-up tappets checked and adjusted accordingly full geometry set-up (suspension) i.e. castor, camber, toe- in etc. photo-evidence of the job service book stamped new fittings on cam-covers

A snip at 1600 quid

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes. It's hdroscopic so it sucks in water. It's more to do with=20 contamination than anything.

Good man.

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor