03 tribute transfer case shutter

My daughter has a 03 tribute v6 AWD. The problem is very intermittent, but when it happens it feels just like you are driving over rumble strips on a highway. I have heard the term "transfer case shutter". Possible caused by a bad neutral switch. Has anyone heard of the Tribute or the Ford version having this problem. It only has about 40k miles on it. Thanks for any info!

Reply to
Jetson