1.8 Miata Crank Angle Sensor

i am trying to install a crank angle sensor on a 99 miata and i can't figure out exactly where it is positioned. if anyone had any pics or advice that would be great.

Reply to
Marty

I'm not sure what you are asking. A '99 has a CAS located at about 4 o'clock next to the edge of the main crank pulley. If your '99 runs, the CAS is installed and working. Unless the bracket is the adjustable one from Jackson or has been modified, it simply mounts and screws into place.

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

i'll vouch for the adjustment...jackson or homebrew. the resulting timing advance is a noticable torque boost!

dookie

Reply to
dookie

we don't have a bracket so and it is not installed, if you had a pic of your engine or the cas's placement that would be great

Larry Gadbois wrote:

Reply to
Marty

What Larry meant is that you already have a CAS on your engine, installed at the factory. If you didn't, it wouldn't run. We're trying to figure out exactly what you need. Are you trying to mount an aftermarket device in place of the OEM sensor?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

sorry for being vague, we are building a spec miata race car for a teammate and he sent us the engine without the cas on it, it came seperate. our car is a 1.8 but an earlier year so it doesn't have one we are just wondering how and where it goes on

Lanny Chambers wrote:

trying

Reply to
Marty