1990 Miata with 1.6 with shimmy in possibly the driveshaft.

Reply to
Trent

Have you gotten a decent wheel balance yet? Don't start replacing expensive parts at random until you've eliminated the most-likely source of the problem.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Lanny Chambers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

Agreed but the OP should inspect and grease the wheel bearings, that's apparently needed. It may or may not have anything to do with the shimmy but it still needs to be done and I'd consider it to be urgent if there's any evidence of dry or bad bearings.

Reply to
XS11E

the bad news is that the front wheel bearing is integrated with the hub and so it is expensive ($150 per side vs $30 per side in the rear). the good news is that it is easier to install than the rear wheel bearing.

but i have no sense at what point these things go bad, i replaced mine at about 110k as one in the front was clearly bad. i did both sides on the front because it just made sense, and then i went ahead and did the rear since i was replacing the rear rotors and had a history of problems with the rear brakes rubbing... turned out they were about to fail too. yet i still have that rear rubbing noise in the rear despite new calipers/rotors/pads... and will be installing new slider pins next (were hard to find but i finally found them)... pretty soon the only thing original will be the vin (so heed lanny's warning or you will end up like me).

Reply to
Christopher Muto

The first child drove her to the hospital.

Reply to
Frank Berger

"Trent" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com:

Like Lanny said, you'll want to make sure the less expensive stuff is in order first, but if it does come to replacing the bearings, you do have to do the whole hub. I got mine from Rosenthal Mazda

a couple months ago for $140 (add something else small to get the free shipping for purchases over $150). The replacement job was pretty easy. If you can do a brake job, you can do a hub. My 94 had 170k mi when it decided it was time for that job.

If your bearings/hub need to be replaced, I would expect more than just a shimmy. There was a very pronounced whirring sound when mine went.

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

this may now be the longest off topic rant I've witnessed!

I have a 34" inseam.....

Chris,

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

One NG I frequent has such long off-topic threads that they've started marking the ON TOPIC ones as OT.

But, seriously, how *do* you get blood stains out of the leather seats? I don't remember seeing any Meguair's product for that problem.

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Aren't you over 6 feet tall? Bunch of short-legged, long-bodied mutants...... ;-)

Pat (not even going to put NMC in the subject line, what's the point?)

Reply to
pws

You can't get it out. With modern DNA testing, you have to cut the car up and completely dispose of it or they will catch you.

At least that is what I heard......

Winston Wolfe

Reply to
pws

But was it in a miata? Please keep things on-topic here.

Thank you,

Pat

Reply to
pws