1991 Miata for sale

I am selling my red Miata, if interested please contact me at snipped-for-privacy@windstream.net

Abid

Reply to
akhan

It might help if you told us what country it is located in.

Stuart in Canada

Reply to
Stuart H.

I have talked to Abid before. He is located in or near Houston, Texas.

I am curious about the odometer reading and the asking price.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Whether that's in the US is another question... ;)

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Heh-heh. We have not managed to secede, yet.

Republic of Texas. Here we come.

Awww crap, that was off-topic. Now Calvin is gonna get me........ ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

When Texas secedes, are they going to leave Austin in the US? ;)

Reply to
Grant Edwards

ouch! Pat ......Pat? ........ good question Grant, I know many that would say yes (not me) :-)

Chris

99BBB

">

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I've met more than one person from Texas who won't claim Austinites as real Texans -- which is a bit odd, considering it's the capitol. I think it may have something to do with Austin being a small blue dot in a large red state.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Exactly. I am guessing that 95% of the Obama signs in Texas were displayed in Austin.

Austin votes blue, but the population is as diverse as anywhere I have seen.

The fact that I am neither Republican nor Democrat, and neither liberal nor conservative makes it to where I fail to fit in politically no matter where I am. ;-)

Austin is actually a good place for misfits like myself, it's just getting a little too crowded.

Pat

Reply to
pws

However, it's been 'getting too crowded' for as long as I've been in TX (and I'm sure, since almost the beginning). Any growth is too much when the general feeling is leaving nature alone (and enjoy it). Problem is, allot of people feel like that so, they just keep coming. It becomes a 'relative' thing. Growth is unavoidable but at least in Austin, they've always tried to do it in a responsible fashion. Those that are there to take advantage of the 'growth' don't like all the restrictions so, on it goes. Always has been (and hopefully always will be) a cool place.

'KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD' is one of their mantras!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Hard to call it too cool with the massive traffic, but yeah, it has some good points. It's probably easier for people who have moved here in the last 15 years or so than the longer-term residents who have watched it grow from a quiet college town to a pretty big city.

It seems like the growth has brought a lot more negatives than positives, at least for me. I'm sure the developers loved it in the 1990's, there was some crazy money moving around.

At least the weather has been fantastic, we don't usually have sunny days in the 70's like this for this long. Nice weather to sit around being poor. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Ditto Phoenix, it was around 105,000 when we moved here and the "Greater Phoenix Area" wasn't much more than that, now it's 1,500,000+, more that 10 times what it was in 1951 and the "Greater Phoenix Area" has increased even more, to around 4,000,000 people.

I'd move if there was anywhere to go....

Reply to
XS11E

If you want low crime, you can come on out to where I am now. It is a laid-back lakeside community about 35 miles from Austin. It still looks pretty nice out here and the people usually even smile at each other. (It is still in Texas, but hey, you can't have everything).

In four years, I have still not seen even one hint of petty theft or vandalism in the area. When I move back to a place of crowded insanity, I need to break my habit of leaving relatively expensive items in the unlocked car.

Pat

Reply to
pws

I'd prefer to stay in the US....

Reply to
XS11E

Hehe, I opened myself up for that one. Also, I like Arizona too much for a comeback, so I give.....

I might be driving across that state of your's on the way to visit California soon. How much longer before it gets really hot?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Sometime I should try to find the house in Austin that I was supposed to do the stone work in, that construction got halted in the middle of. It was a software guy who'd hit it rich in one of those dungeons and dragons types of games and he was building a house befitting .......... that nuttiness!? Anyway, it was a castle with a moat and a drawbridge and the interior of the house was to rotate at slow speed all the time (don't ask me to explain please, I'm a stone guy). Anyway, they built the super complicated beginnings before the bottom fell out of the dot-com boom (IIRC) and it skidded to a stop. Probably still sitting there.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

You said allot here and Pat and I probably won't disagree with you much there.

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

The only nutty software guy who made it rich from D&D type games in Austin that I know of is Richard Garriott, the creator of the Ultima series. I worked for his company between 1990 - 1993. The company, Origin Systems, Inc., sold out to Electronic Arts in 1992, iirc.

His house has an observatory that is a miniature of the real ones, it rotates and was placed on a steel frame that does not touch the structure of the house at all and actually had the house built around it, so that winds do not shift the metal dome. It was very cool to go up there and of course it has a huge telescope. The house also has a dungeon and secret doorways and passages throughout.

This guy now has another house with a bed that raises through the roof into an enclosed plexiglass viewing area.

He recently went into space on a Russian rocket at a cost of 30 million dollars, so he found a way to make even more bucks somewhere.

I never did hear about a rotating interior, that could be someone else, but it sure sounds like he is the one you are talking about.

I added "NMC" just in case someone thinks that we are talking about Miatas in Austin. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Nope, no disagreement here...... :-)