1992 MPV Transmission Problem

3.0 liter. When vehicle is cold the automatic transmission gets stuck in first gear and when I stop it stalls the engine. Then it will only start in neutral and I have to quickly put it in drive and step on the gas or it stalls. Once it gets warm it shifts ok and will stop without stalling. Do you think it's a torque converter problem or a torque converter solenoid?
Reply to
Helimech

chuckk

Yep that is a classic sign of torque converter solenoid failure.

-- Jerry Randolph '90B Red Houston, TX

Reply to
Jerry

My Haynes book doesn't show where the solenoid is, do you know or have a idea where they usually stick it? JC

Reply to
Helimech