1995 Mazada Miata Oil Leak

I recently had the oil pan seal replaced. Within ten day the real seal on the transmission started to leak. The mechanic told me this is normal due to the increase in pressure caused by replacing the oil pan seal. I have asked two other mechanics and they agree with the origional answer. There explanation was that the increase in pressure would effect other seals that have deterroriation of there composition. Is this true?

Reply to
goetzbarstow

No it's not true. First, there is no pressure inside a healthy engine. The PCV circuit insures a vacuum. Second there is no connection between the crankcase and the transmission. The leak at the rea(r)? of the trans is either a coincindence, or it was damaged when the trans was removed with the engine to do the repair.

Reply to
Chas Hurst