1st gen headlight part number

Hi all,

I have a '95 Miata with some headlight trouble. I noticed a lot of play and shimmy in the driver's side popup headlight the other day. Upon further investigation, I found that both of the plastic stoppers/covers that hold the flat bar running from the headlight motor to the popup cover are missing, having been replaced by some cheap rubber rings. Does any know the part number for the plastic pieces? Will I be able to buy just those, or will I be forced to buy the metal bar as well? Thanks for the info!

-Scott

Reply to
Scott

J.B.

Call Tommy at Finish Line Performance, or Marshall at Trussville Mazda. Both gentlemen are Miata parts experts, and offer great prices.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I bit the bullet and went down to the local mazda dealership (worst parking imaginable) and bought the part. It consits of a metal rod with two plastic end caps embedded in the holes. The grand sum was $18.30 without tax.

For anyone else who was interested the part number is: NA01-51-SA5

-Scott

Reply to
Scott

What? They go as far as fight the IRS for you? That is what I call service.

Leon ;)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Piggybacking, parking at a car dealership is no problem at all. Find the fanciest, most expensive new car on the lot and park right in front of it. Not only is this convenient parking, it can often speed up the wait at the parts counter :-)

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

Reply to
Revo