2000 Miata

My 'new' car is great. Low milage until driving Vancouver-Toronto-NJ-home.

So far so good. That little oil filter is a worry. Drove a few hours at

5000 rpm on the way. Could hardly hear the CD player. This is a test to see how to post here.....
Reply to
Martin Jackson

At 5k that's pretty good music eh? You can use the CD player when you're cruising at a more relaxed rate. That said, it seems to me if Mazda would have left the first 5 gear ratios pretty much as is and put 6th up there as a highway cruising gear, that would have been a very good thing.

I don't think the size of the oil filter is an issue, the location on the other hand.......that's a different story.

Enjoy, Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Welcome aboard. Don't worry about the size of the oil filter, the amount of filtration material is sufficient. Do change the oil every 3K (dino or synthetic), watch those plug wires, put some Redline MTF in the transmission, Redline synthetic diff in the rear, flush the hydraulic systems every two years, radiator every two and she'll last a good

200,000 miles (probably a lot longer - miniscule number of reports of finally failed engines). Now comes the fun part - upgrades!

Tom

92 Red

Mart> My 'new' car is great. Low milage until driving Vancouver-Toronto-NJ-home. >

Reply to
Tom Howlin