2006 Model wheel weight

Does anyone know what the 2006 model 17" wheels weigh? I am guessing that Mazda kept it at about 18 pounds.

I am so used to being able to use any miata wheel on any year model miata, (assuming there is brake clearance), that the new 5-lug pattern never occured to me.

No more cheap and easy OEM wheel and tire swaps for a while.

Pat

Reply to
pws

There's always the 17" Racing Hart wheels from the 04-05 Mazdaspeed Miata.

Reply to
Carbon

Does the 2004 - 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata hub have a 5-lug pattern or are you referring to using the 17" Mazdaspeed wheels on earlier model miatas?

Also, do you happen to know what those 17" Racing Hart wheels weigh?

In any case, I doubt if I will find a wheel set from a Mazdaspeed for $100.00 total. That is what my last set of near-perfect condition 1999 15" OEM alloys cost.

Pat

Reply to
pws

The 17" wheels on the 2006 NC weigh in at 17.0 pounds.

Jim

Reply to
George Jetson

Not too bad for a non-forged 17 inch aluminum wheel. That is about the average weight of the previous OEM miata 16 inch alloys.

I am assuming that the wheels are not forged or they would weigh somewhat less.

Pat

Reply to
pws

4-lug. They ought to bolt right on.

No idea. They look light. Is that scientific?

Well that's good to know if we move back up north and I need winter tires. MSM Racing Hart wheels retail for $400+. You can probably get good ones off ebay for half that.

Reply to
Carbon

Yes sir, every year model from the beginning up until the change in 2006. No brake clearance problems with 17 inchers.

You ask such a question in a newsgroup where we discuss the merits of photon displacement? Of course it is scientific....

I have seen one set of MSM wheels for sale for $800.00 that had almost-new tires on them. I don't know if they got their asking price or not, probably so.

Pat

Reply to
pws

$800 to $1000 seems to be the going rate for the MSM 17's with good tires. It's an awesome upgrade on an NA or NB IMHO.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo