99 Coil Pack

This is a follow up to my post "spark plugs not firing"...I've read some rather lengthy discussions about coil packs failing in 99 Miata's, but most of the entries were from a year ago... I'm wondering if anyone has any current information on this problem. This morning, my #1 spark plug had spark, so I reinstalled it, and the car ran well, except for the check engine light...I unhooked the battery, so I'll have to wait and see. I'm leery that the problem will re occur. Monday, I'm calling Mazda, and also my extended warranty company. Some people had luck getting Mazda to replace defective coils, because there were so many failures. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated! Greetings one and all... I've been having a lot of fun with my newly acquired 99 Miata, but this evening, when I tried to start it, it ran really rough. I pulled spark plug #1, and found that it wasn't getting any spark. Same with plug #4, which is also on the left "bank" of the "distributor". The right "bank" with plugs #2, and #3, are firing ok. I switched the wires, so I know it must be in the left "distributor" bank (for lack of a better term). Have any of you had this problem, and can you offer me any advice? Thanks for your help!...jim

Reply to
Jim Untch