a click from somewhere in the front

Hey all I've got a clicking sound coming from the front end somewhere, up around the driver's side wheel. The clicking only happens while turning and braking at the same time. I can do one or the other with no clicking, but if I do both, I get the clicking. At first I suspected the brake caliper was loose, but I removed both front wheels and the brakes seemed fine. I was unable to move them at all with my hand. Any ideas?

-- Tonyrama Crystal White '93 A

Reply to
tonyrama

May not apply to you, but I eventually traced my clicking sound to loose center caps on two of my Rota Soipstreams.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Just wondering whether you managed to trace this noise ??

I've got what sounds like a similar noise on my '02 1.8. The best the dealers can advise is to lub the caliper sliders.

Reply to
Mark