ac advice please

Hi, I own a 91 Mazda 323 saloon car. I would appreciate if anyone could provide me with some info on how to rectify my cars ac.

The ac compressor was working fine but making a minor internal noise, thats when I decided to get it recover and recharge the ac gas with lubricant oil. Also had the evaporator removed and cleaned. The garage guys had recharged the ac gas with R134a while mine was a R`12. I wonder how they managed to do it cause the pipes have different types of adapters.

The ac was cooling fine infact very good but the ac compressor noise was really loud now making quite a racket. The noise comes only during idle or while slowing down, it stops once the car is moving faster.

After nearly two months the ac has stopped cooling. The ac compressor works fine but there is no cooling at all. Also I dont hear the hissing noise of the expansion while which I used to earlier. I have a feeling that the entire system is clogged due to mismatch of ac gas and oil.

I have also checked the system for leak- none and the condensor fan and radiator fan is working fine.

Could some one suggest a cost effective remedy?Cant afford to replace the entire system.. I m pissed at the garage guys who didnt flush the system before going in for R134 gas.

Please help!!!

Arul

Reply to
Arul

Take it back and insist that they fix it--either go back to R12 or do a proper R134 conversion.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Thanks Lenny,

I guess I have to go back to them and fight to have it fixed FOC.

But it aint a reputed garage and most probably they will refuse to take any responsibility.

Do I really have to repl the exp valve, drier and compressor and flush the entire sytem to get the ac fixed. Any short cut to cut costs???

Regards,

Arul P Dharam

Lanny Chambers wrote:

Reply to
Arul

It sounds like the compressor will need to be replaced or rebuilt. Next, the drier really needs to be replaced. The expansion valve may be ok, or may have crud in it. And yes, the system needs to be flushed.

There is an argument about the ideal settings for an expansion valve and R134a vs R12. The valve should be intended for R134a use if that's what you end up with in the system.

Reply to
Chuck