Add lower interior lights on 2002

In 1995 I added lower interior curtesy lights on my 1992 replacing small panels on the sides of the consol. I now want to install these same lights in my 2002 Miata but I was unable to find wires behind the panels. Can someone tell me how these lights can be added to the 2002. They come on when the doors are opened and give much needed light. Thanks, Roger

Reply to
Roger2002

"unable to find wires behind the panels" That's because there are none. You add them when you install the lights. The existing wires that you may connect to are in an upper corner more or less at the base of the windshield on the drivers side. There are two ways to connect the added lights. The normal way causes the lights to turn on when a door is opened. The other method connects one wire to an unused terminal on the center light and switch assembly above the mirror. This allows both the switch and the doors to control the added lights.

The "splice into" wires are small, and some of the clampover splicers will not make good solid contact.

Reply to
chuckk