Adjust odometer/spedometer?

Is there any way to adjust the odometer or spedometer in an NB Miata?

In my 2003 the odometer reads about 2.8% high, and the speedometer reads about 7% high (with the OEM tires/wheels).

I think I'll put on slightly oversized snow tires this year. That'll get me a little more ground clearance and a slightly more accurate speedometer, but it would be nice if the odometer and the speedometer were a little closer to being right to start with.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Are the speedometer and odometer on a 1999-2005 Miata mechanical or electronic?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Yes.

Sorry, couldn't resist, should have tried harder.

Reply to
XS11E

The odo display is digitial (LCD), the speedo display is mechanical. I don't know what the underlying stuff is (spinning cable or opto-electronics).

Reply to
Grant Edwards

I'll check mine if I remember (which is pretty unlikely, but I'll try....)

Reply to
XS11E

I checked my parent's car a couple weeks ago, and it's speedo was accurate to within 1mph all the way up to freeway speeds. I'm a bit disappointed in Mazda's engineers for doing such sloppy work.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

My '96 seems to read about 5mph high thru 50-75 range.

miker

Reply to
miker

Yea, but because of the current limiting, it's going to require a computer with 30,000 USB ports to get 100HP worth of electrons.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Well, yeah, but there's a turbo kit....

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Not if it's a white Miata...

Reply to
XS11E

Mine's "titanium", so I don't get much reduction in photon-induced drag when compared to a standard black-body.

Reply to
Grant Edwards