Air bag blink code 10

I've got a 93, the air bag light blinks 10 times, which apparently means "Faulty diagnostic module (System-down fuse burned)". This happened after the battery died, so I imagine it could indeed be related to a fuse. Question is - where is this fuse located? Is it discrete, or part of the air bag controller unit? I'd rather not spend big bucks at the dealer on the repair, as I don't drive the car but maybe 1k miles a year.

Reply to
Chris Smolinski

The schematic that I have for my 2000 says that there are 2 -15 Amp fuses and 1 - 10 Amp fuse located "behind the left side of the dash".

Tim

Reply to
Healeyman

Chris, You'll probably want to research this on miata.net (garage and forums), there's tons of info there. On my old 92, I ended up covering the flashing light with black electrical tape as it wasn't an easy / inexpensive fix and I figured I'd be at no more risk if I had installed the Momo steering wheel that I wanted ;-) I just couldn't stand that blinking light any more.

Good luck, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, that seems to be the most popular fix :-)

I was able to find the fuses in question, they all seem to be good, so much for an easy fix. I'm actually planning on trying to sell the car, and was hoping to get this fixed, as I'm concerned it would turn off many would be buyers. I can't see taking it to a dealer to get fixed, since it would be hard to justify paying $1k or so for a car that I'd only get a few $k for anyway.

Reply to
Chris Smolinski

I just sold my 92 in Dec 05, a 50ish guy bought it for his wife, they didn't have a problem with it. I got my full asking price too.

Chris

99bbb
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo