air horns stopped working!

My italian air horns stopped working, but don't know what the problem is! The compressor is working and producing quite a bit of air and the tubing seems to be tight with no leaks. Could the horns themselves be defective? Don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I live at the beach where corrosion can be a problem. any ideas? thanks.

Reply to
Dan

That's a very common complaint. AFAICT, air horns only last a year or two before the diaphragms split or stiffen up or whatever. After my second set quit working, I put in "wicked loud" horns from serious auto. They were louder and far more reliable than air horns, which even when they were new often didn't work at cold temperatures.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

Mine still work after 7+ years. But I "exercise" them weekly so they'll feel wanted.

Dan, try pulling the tubing off of each trumpet and squirting a little WD-40 down the nipple. Won't hurt anything and might loosen them up.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Dan,

I think that if you read the instructions, they tell you to put a drop or two of oil onto them ( out put port of the compressor ) they will work and last longer. :-)

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN