alignment question

Would this affect the alignment of the car?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Not if you use a couple of those Acme Co. 1000-pound weights to ballast the car on the rack.

May I interest you in some ultra-heavy-duty bumpstops?

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I have always wondered what the "true" weight limit of the NA Miata is.

I have gone to at least 550 pounds in my previous 1996 miata, that with a friend who was almost 300 pounds, my super thin self, (at the time), and some heavy items in the trunk.

The car really let me know the weight was there, in reduced acceleration, and I assume, in worse handling, but I did not push it at all that day.

Poll time: What is the maximum (estimated) weight that you have carried in your Miata, and if you have towed with it, what is the maximum weight there as well?

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

5,000 km camping trip 15 years ago or so with our then '90 NA bone stock, 500 lbs passengers and luggage, and about 600 lbs CombiCamp tent trailer and camping gear. 3 Canadian provinces and all the way down to the Black Hills of South Dakota. Not one single problem. Entering the US, the officer at the small border crossing couldn't believe that we were towing all that with a mere 1.6 litre engine!

Stuart H. '91 JDM Eunos Roadster (Our 3rd NA over the years)

Reply to
Stuart H.

Come on Pat, that deserves it's own thread!

Have you ever seen the picture of the VW Jetta (iirc) that was loaded down on top with about 25 sheets of plywood and a whole bunch of other stuff?! Somebody has tried plywood on top of their Miata, somebody!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo