Anyone having any problems with PRHT model?

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Those prices are negotiable just like the cost of the car.

Not really, most don't cover as much as an extended factory warranty and the factory extended warranty will save you hundreds of dollars in time and annoyance. Ever had your car laid up for three days because the insurance company adjuster was "too busy right now" to come and OK repairs? Been there, done that. I don't care what the cost might be, after dealing with several of the insurance company policies I'd never get anything but the factory policy, you can't even believe how the "aftermarket" extended warranty companies jacked my customers around....

It never hurts to shop, but I'd rather pay $50 for a steak at Mortons than pay $1 for a piece of plastic from McDonalds.

Reply to
XS11E

Steve, you gotta get back on that horse, what's up? Need help shopping? I'm looking at a SC 10 AE and I don't need it just too good a buy to pass up (possibly)

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

They are most definitely not the same car - to the contrary, the Renault's 2 part top is a completely different construction than the Eos' highly complex barely functioning 477-part-sunroof-including contraption. The fact that despite a far less bulky top they managed to create a car with such an enormous rear end speaks for the VW designer's competence.

Can't say that because I own mine since only 3000 km. But those are promising ;-)

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges

yeah, Chris. Want another Miata - but - like last one, want to start off fresh. Clean sheet-a-paper car. Discover mods, etc.

Trouble for me, as good as NC is - and it IS good, drives great, engine/trans feel strong.

The driver-position just isn't good, to me. Like the S2000 (but not as bad) and the like. You are 'enclosed' in this little sheetmetal cocoon in the NC. All nice-'n-safe. Not like this:

or this

which - I'd venture - 90% of the people on this NG want. Car sorta like that - but - that you can every-day. Stay dry in the rain car.

Right now, making do with old Honda 250 Rebel - but the RAINS, they's a-comin'!

-- SM

Reply to
McMahon

Is my memory totally gone, or are you the one here that bought a new Corvette and drove it for a little over a year?

Pat

Reply to
pws

'Vette? Me? *Never*. Not me. Only previous sports car was '69 Alfa Spyder.

Miata was return, post kids-gone. But I think Leon put it best for me - gotten beyond where I want to spend time replacing parts in old cars. That & planned relocation is why I sold.

Not knocking that - whatsoever. Did it w/Alfa. Was fun. Knowing *exactly* what any new discordant sound meant. Knowing car completely. Had '00LS for almost 7-years. S'chrg'd & header'd it. a few, non-cosmetic other mods.

But, time to move on.

-- Steve McMahon (once) Green JRSC '00LS

Reply to
McMahon

[Lotus 7]

Or are building/have built in their garage...

In a Seven, you can drag your knuckles on the ground from the driver's seat...how's that for being involved in the experience?

That's why the Miata is the Winter car..

"Hello, Aerostich?"

cds

Reply to
C. Deforrest

Ditto. I really, really wanted to like the new MX-5 but it does NOT fit me, it's actually painful to drive where as the 1992 fits perfectly and is comfortable for many hours at a time.

Looks like I'll be living with the 1600 or living Miata-less.

Reply to
XS11E

pws" wrote

Well, Pat there is probably more than just your memory totally gone. You're thinking of Tom Howlin. I just hate seeing his sig over on the Miata.net form. ===================== Tom

90 Classic Red, 91 BRG, 92 Sunburst, 93LE, 95M,
bum now has all the best Miatas for less than the cost of his old 'Vette.
Reply to
Ken Lyons

That's the bastard. :-) I didn't realize that he had started a miata family. Looks like a true M1 fan to me. Just the insurance on five cars would hurt me pretty badly. I remember that his brand-new Corvette was making trips to the dealership for some sort of problem or another almost monthly, problems with the rear end, electronic gremlins, etc. It was not a good one-year report that he gave and it erased the 'Vette as the one American car that I might ever consider. I really don't think that we will ever catch up in terms of quality and value in the automotive industry.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Only one good option there, and it ain't a bad one. Of course having your 4 favorite M1's would be 'nice'

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

"Best"? You've GOT to be kidding, there's not one white one among them! I guess if you don't mind being slower you could live with other colors?

Reply to
XS11E

But, but, but, he's got a Classic Red! What could be better?!?!?!?

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

White, of course. Leon will explain it to you!

Reply to
XS11E

I'm intrigued as well... what makes the white ones better than the rest?

One the technical side I know that white paint usually has less staying power (in corrosion protection) than most other colors. But apart from that, I think it's the best color for good looking cars. So obviously Miatas should be white :-)

cu .\\arc

Reply to
Marc Gerges

It has to do with the photon interaction, but I am not nearly scientific enough to explain it. That will probably require our resident rocket scientist.

The early white miata paint was awful, the later paint improved dramatically. It is hard to find a white 1990 or 1991 model with original paint that is not peeling badly.

White has always been one of my favorite colors too, but anytime the choice is mine, such as re-painting or if I were to buy a new car, I still go with a dark blue or black, which stays clean-looking for about

1% of the time that a white car does after washing it. However, for those 30 seconds or so after washing and waxing, my former Starlight Mica blue was a beautiful color. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

From Google Groups, (Leon posting with tongue firmly in cheek):

From: Leon van Dommelen - view profile Date: Sun, Oct 20 2002 6:55 pm Email: snipped-for-privacy@zmiata.net (Leon van Dommelen) Groups: rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

White is the fastest "color" for very good scientific reasons. They have to do with complex effects such as bouyancy- created turbulent shear stresses on the hot surfaces of sunheated colored and (especially) black Miatas, and photon drag due to absorbing photons loaded with impulse. Red and black Miatas are particularly bad for photon drag, since they have to absorbed the massive blue photons. I will skip the detailed derivations in this nonphysics forum.

Also, white looks the best, especially with some embellishments, and does not fade into different shades, and stays surprisingly presentable when incredibly dirty.

They also tend to be lower cost than other colors because of reasons set out by P.T. Barnum (the seller of that Cruiser.)

Leon

Reply to
XS11E

Mine! My paint isn't peeling badly, it's peeling very well!

Weird, the only affected area is the upper part of the windshield frame right below the top.

Reply to
XS11E

OH No, here we go again.

Reply to