Armrest Feedback

This is not spam, but, when a product I order over the InterNet arrives, and I find it all I wanted it to be, and more; well, then I feel obligated to let others in the group know.

Like others that have purchased the 2K6 MX5 miata, One of the weird things is the sliding door hiding two cup holders. It just seemed to me that I needed an elbow rest at that exact spot, given the short shifter (not to mention my short stature!). Well I read Miata.net, as well as other forums, and decided to go with Zeta's product. (see link)

5 Even though my interior is tan (read "orange" as SWMBO calls it), I was fully satisfied with it, within 5 seconds of installation (if you can call it that!). The only Q is where to store it when using the cupholder.

As my wife said, "Since I met you (30 yrs.), you've become 'awfully particular'!. We now "elbow-wrestle" to see who get's to use the ZETA!!

Peace/Out

Reply to
Remove This

5>

That's a good idea. I was thinking the center cup holder was in a weird location - I would rather have storage there and an armrest.... when I looked at the car I thought that it was weird having 4 cup holders in a 2 seat roadster...

Reply to
Dano

Well, technically you have 2 "can" holders in the middle, and 2 bottle holders in the doors.! This device doesn't eat up any of the storage space, however doesn't help to convert it to storage. That takes "surgery" according to all the links I've visited. And the major thing I understood is that the "cup holder" is actually an integral part of the console rigidity process, so one must be careful.

Reply to
Remove This

"Dano" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

There are only 2 cup holders, not 4.

There are 2 cup holders in the center console and two bottle holders in the doors. From the manual, "Caution, use plastic bottles with caps, cups may spill when doors are closed."

So, 2 cup holders, 2 bottle holders. Makes perfect sense, right? ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

I guess I should have read the manual....

Reply to
Dano

"Dano" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Damn right, otherwise you could set a cup of criminally too hot McDonald's coffee in the bottle holder, slam the door and burn your genitals to where the only relief for the pain would be to sue Mazda and McDonald's for millions of dollars!

You wouldn't want to do that would you? ;-)

Reply to
XS11E