Aston Miata?

Not one for making Car A look like Car B but this is kinda cool.

Scott Streeter

Did you look at the full size pics, or just the thumbnails? Looking just at the small pics on the page you linked, it looks kinda cool. But when you see the full size images, it's really rather hideous.

-Scott

Scott Streeter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@CCC1.WPI.EDU:

Reply to
Scott Hughes

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like the neither the front nor rear fenders fit -- sort of like they're glued on top of the factory ones instead of replacing them.

The headlights aren't bad, though.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

But when you see the full size images, it's really rather hideous.

Sort of like a M'bishi eclipse...

Reply to
Remove This

Kinda of reminds me when they used to turn VW beetles into '40 Fords....

Reply to
Fabiano

I _saw_ one of those on the street the other day. Or something quite similar anyway...

Reply to
Grant Edwards

While I agree that from the straight on, side view, it's clear that the proportions are askew, It's the most original miata transformation I've seen in a long while! It looks to me like it could be amazing with some adjustments (shortening the nose and the butt a bit).

Nice work! Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

The too-long nose seems to a feature of Aston-Martin styling from what I've seen. So maybe this Aston Miata is actually true to the inspiration...

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Okay, I actually like this design. Maybe the problem with the point of view you all have is that A) You're looking at it as a mod for a Miata (I know it is, but just *pretend* it's a different car.) and B) You're thinking of it as an AM imitation.

Try thinking of this as its own car. I think it's gorgeous. Maybe a bit long in the door panels...but still.

Rethink...

-Nick

Scott Hughes wrote:

Reply to
r0lliSl1fe

I aggree. This is one of the better body kits. It's actually pretty handsome, rather than just being different for different's sake.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I looked at the small pictures and it is really incredibly hideous. I guess I will skip the full size ones, being on a phone line. :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Scott Streeter wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@CCC1.WPI.EDU:

Just for comparison:

I think it may cost a bit more....

Reply to
XS11E

Anyone else find this part disturbing? "Special tilt sensors detect the danger of a possible roll-over and deploy two strengthened hoops from the rear seat headrests."

Or do I just have a waaay too vivid imagination?

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

"Iva" wrote in news:yWudnRhjCdlStF snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

What's disturbing about it? You have a roll bar when and if needed and only then. That's sorta neat, I think.

Reply to
XS11E

It's also not unusual. Mercedes has been doing that for quite some time.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

What could happen that would be worse than getting crushed in a rollover? I mean, you can only be so dead...

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Here's one.

A few years ago, a guy in Austin drove his 280Z up into an overpass at relatively high speed and became wedged with the car on fire. Some people tried to help him, but all they could do was listen to him scream and burn. He was DOA when the Fire Dept. arrived. I'll take a rollover over that anyday. Hell, drop the car directly on top of me before that. I don't know if anyone had a fire extinguisher or not. I carry one in my trunk, but it is a little thing and I am skeptical about its ability against a large gasoline fire.

After nearly being forced up onto an embankment that probably would have rolled my miata almost immediately after buying my first one, a rollbar has become the very first modification that I do, even though there are drawbacks to using them off of the track and I think that the car looks better without it.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Lanny Chambers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com:

Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Inigo Montoya: What's that?

Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Reply to
XS11E

Damn, I loved that movie.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

OK, I give ..........What movie is it? Sounds worth checking out.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo