battery choice

i think it is time to replace the battery on my 95... par for the course, the miata battery is a bit unusual, (u1rt), and therefore probably expensive. autozone has an autocraft silver for $110. are there other good choices?

thanks, peter

Reply to
pm

They say 5-6 days, but mine got here last week in one day after placing the order. $125 including shipping. This is the third one I've had in my '95 R.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

There's a battery place here in Dallas that stocks the Westco. Maybe in your town?

Reply to
Frank Berger

hmmm,

advanced auto says my battery is "good". they checked it twice because they thought it was a lawn tractor battery at first and used 250cca as a test perameter, then uses 330 cca and it was still "good"...

the battery doesnt turn the rebuilt motor over very fast even with the plugs out...i have a strange feeling about this.......

peter

Reply to
peter

Bad news, hope it's nothing really bad, could be just a poor connection or a bad starter motor....

Reply to
XS11E

First thing to try is a slow charge: 1 or 2 amps for 24 hours. If it's an AGM battery, once it's drained past a certain point the alternator won't recharge it, but an external charger may bring it back to good condition.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

1/4 battery tender i might get to it tomorrow to investigate further.

peter

Reply to
pm

the issue with the battery ended up being a defective mechanic...i just placed the neg cable on the terminal and it was not tight... doh!

peter

Reply to
pm