Be careful when asking for directions - especially from cops

They should have stuck with asking for directions at gas stations. At least then they wouldn't have a jackboot thug throw them into a cage for trying to find their way home. The story is below. Check out the video, these look like a couple real hoodlums that the fine Baltimore police are protecting us from.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Corrupt bastards need to be fired. At least now the whole world knows they're worthless.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote in news:vS7bg.6817$ snipped-for-privacy@southeast.rr.com:

There's two sides to every story, we've only heard one.

Reply to
XS11E

Very true, here is the police department side. They say that the driver became "argumentative".

In any case, the prosecutor looked at the charges, decided they were bogus and tossed it. We know that is fact because they were released 8 hours later after being humiliated and violated, so it doesn't look so good for the officer from my point of view. Trespassing on a public street? What a pathetic charge. This sounds like Officer Jackboot to me. Does getting riled up but issuing no threats deserve spending the night in jail? Not in a free America.

I have personally had a police officer steal personal property from me, so I am not about to believe that they are angels.

It is not so for me hard to believe the story being told in the video, though I do suspect that there was some arguing, but apparently the only witnesses are the two people arrested and any police officers that were on the scene. I am sure that the Baltimore PD will give an honest answer since they are "looking into the matter".

Pat

Reply to
pws

I am sure that the Baltimore PD will give an honest answer since they are "looking into the matter".

Ya, they're real good at investigating themselves ;-( This is a shame, I'm guessing it's a black officer with some deep racial scars that thought this was a perfect opportunity to return the lack of kindness that no doubt has transpired oh so many times in the past between a white officer and a black citizen. But that kind of mentality just makes things worse. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out without it turning into a huge federal case.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I know a (white) person who was lost in Dallas, the armpit of Texas where I was born. He got lost leaving that nasty city and ended up in "the hood". He got pulled over by a couple of true bullies in uniform and had his car and person illegally searched because the only reason that a white person might be there is to look for drugs or prostitutes, right.

He was handcuffed and treated like a criminal for over an hour for doing absolutely nothing illegal. At least they didn't arrest him for "public trespassing". He got the hell out of there as fast as he could, just like my family luckily did with Dallas when I was five.

I know that most police have a tough job, but that doesn't mean that they have to be stormtroopers with everyone. I also know that not all of them are completely bad, but in this case it only takes one rotten apple to spoil the whole f****ng barrel.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Absolutely right. But after reading both stories, and noting that no charges were filed, it seems like the officer was trying to blow off some steam at the expense of these two. I'm sure they weren't completely innocent in the whole affair, but I also noted that the officer didn't dispute the fact that she refused to give them directions or that she refused to let the second officer provide directions.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

Yep, but the officer will still be out there treating people like crap while "serving and protecting". You may beat the rap but you can't beat the ride.

I am afraid that this, written years ago, is about to come true before too much longer. Much of it is already true today.

"We interrupt this program with a special bulletin: America is now under marshal law. All constitutional rights have been suspended. Stay in your homes. Do not attempt to contact love ones, insurance agents or your attorney. Shut up. Do not attempt to think or depression may occur. Stay in your homes. Curfew is at 7 PM sharp after work. Anyone caught outside of gates of their surveillance sectors after curfew will be shot. Remain calm, do not panic. Your neighborhood watch officer will be by to collect urine examples in the morning. Anyone caught interfering with the collection of urine samples will be shot. Stay in your homes, remain calm. The number one enemy of progress is question. National security is more important than individual will. All sports broadcasts will proceed as normal. No more than two people may gather anywhere without permission. Use only the drugs prescribed by your boss or supervisor. Shut up, be happy. Obey all orders without question. The comfort you demanded is now mandatory. Be happy. At last everything is done FOR YOU."

Reply to
pws