Bent a wheel, what now?

Well, PennDot has managed to take a wheel of my '99 10th AE (the polished alloy ones). The rim is bent on the inside. With the help of some bead sealant, it holds air, but above speeds of , it shakes badly. List price of the wheel is just shy of $400.

Anyone know of good wheel repair places which won't cost an arm and a leg? I can get a set of four off Miata.net for $650 but I'd rather not go through the trouble of re-selling the remaining ones.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

Try this place in Bath - -I've used them for wheels on Cadillac's, Corvettes, and Volvos and have always been exceptionally pleased with their work. In all cases, my wheels were straightened and refinished. Call them - you won't regret it.

John Carpenter

Reply to
John Carpenter

Let's try this again with the URL for Wheel Collision Center.............

John Carpenter

I concur .... wheelcollision.com does EXCELLENT work when straightening bent aluminum wheels. They also do 'cosmetic' restorations. Ive taken out of round, bent, eccentric, beat up, crusty, large aluminum wheels to them .... came back PERFECT and beautiful !!!!!

Reply to
Rich Hampel

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, those guys will do anything to avoid quoting a price.

Reply to
Matthew Russotto

Yes, they do want to see the wheel first. I have been very happy both times I used them, though.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen