Bose radio (2006) and IPOD

Is there a way to use/buy an accessory so that an IPOD can play thru the Bose radio?

Reply to
mowgli

lol. that, along with the integrated xm radio control, was one of the benefits i listed in entirely replace the head unit in your previous thread. but like the separate xm radio gizmo that transmits a fm signal that can be tuned in to by your bose fm radio you can get a fm transmitter for your ipod. of course it is pretty low fidelity (but then again you may not care or may not be ripping your music for the best quality sound anyway). i would recommend one but there are so many styles these days which are specific to the model ipod you have i can't (you didn't mention which model ipod you have)... if you went the route of a new head unit in the car then you could get one that has a line input that would connect directly to the headphone jack on the ipod for much higher fidelity.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

thank you. I am surprised that Mazda does not have the built in IPOD capability as so many other production cars these days!

Reply to
mowgli

Not to mention that the FM "rebroadcasters" are almost useless in anything approaching urban or suburban locations. I'm north of Beantown (Lowell area) and I tried 4 different types of FM units, couldn't find "clear channel" anywhere on the FM band. Admittedly I don't have my '06 MX5 yet (2 months to go) but it shouldn't matter what car it's being used in. The FM band is very crowded in N.E.

Reply to
Remove This

I still don't understand you guys! Did you buy the car to listen to a good radio, or to drive? There are lots of very good sound systems you can have in your house! Go there and listen them. When you want to go for a good ride, get in your Miata and DRIVE ! Turn OFF the GD radio!

Bruce Bing G/R '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

That is because you are in a tiny minority on this issue. Otherwise, stereos would be optional. Since 99%+ of the people want a stereo in any car other than a dedicated track car, the car makers go ahead and put them in everything, including sports cars.

Both. The on/off switch makes it to where you even have a choice at any given time, which is a great concept.

Yes, I can turn on the stereo or I can also have near-silence in my house, which is often what I prefer. That second option is not possible while driving the miata.

Ok, but that doesn't exclude using the car stereo as well.

I already do that, often to the sounds of my favorite songs. Sometimes to the sounds of air intake, turbo, tire noise, exhaust, wind and rattles. Sometimes to all of the above. Choice can be a wonderful thing.

Nah, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll continue as before. It really is best to do what you enjoy when it is not hurting anybody. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Has anyone tried this -

that I read that it will work in 2000 to 2006 - Would give you aplace to plug the out put of the IPOD.

Reply to
mickey53usa

pws wrote in news:47%1g.15829$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

Only if you're not married.... ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

That was a good find! Having one of those would solve a lot of problems for me since I listen to WMA-encoded books on my flash-based player while exercising and having a way to continue playing the same material in the car will be far easier than burning a copy of the book onto an MP3 CD and playing it back in the changer. The actual playing is easy enough but trying keep the portable player and the in-car CD synchronized is often not easy.

Thanks for the heads-up. I don't think I need any of the functions of the advanced unit so I can probably get an order for the basic unit sent off on Monday.

Reply to
John McGaw

You have obviously forgotten about the dress form thread a while back.

She does not speak very much...... ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws