Brake Pad suggestions

I currently got EBC Greens on the front and rear of my 96. The problem is my car has got a bit too much front brake bias to my liking. I'm looking to experiment with different brake pad combinations to add more rear bias but not too much, preferably replacing only the front or rear pads since the Greens are pretty new. I hope someone can share a combination that has worked well for them.

Regards, Freddie

Reply to
freddielu

The harder drivers in the UK owners' club like Mintex M1144 or Axxis Ultimate. I currently have Greenstuff and I don't think there's much bite there unless they're already hot; EBC pads of all types also have a woeful reputation for breaking up in use.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

I purchased a set of Hawk plus for the rear a week back. I'll get that installed and see if it helps. I'll keep the Mintex and Axxis in mind if I decide to try another pad.

Thanks, Freddie

Reply to
freddielu

I have been running the Hawk HP+ for over a year now, and while they screech really bad and dust my nice Konig wheels I like the stopping power

Reply to
shawnhadd

Stopping power? Stopping distances are limited by tire/tyre traction, not brake pad composition.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

Not necessarily what he was referring to, the pad composition will determing the amount of pedal pressure required to stop with softer pads needing less pressure.

Reply to
XS11E

Exactly why I questioned the term "stopping power", BTW the Hawk pads are harder than stock.

Reply to
Chas Hurst

If you have a situation like the original post suggested, where, your braking bias is out, it will increase stopping distance. "Too much rear bias" means the drive has a choice of locking up the rear wheels, or apply sub-optimal braking power to the front.

Reply to
Mal Osborne