Brand New Mazda Protege5 stalls !

That's 'idle-droop'. Lot's of new Mazdas have it. No one knows why it happens, trust me on this. Find the idle set screw (8mm locking bolt w/small allen screw in Miata) on throttle assembly. Turn allen screw one-half turn clockwise; lock nut. If it idle-droops again; turn another half-turn clock (keep 9mm & allen wrench handy). Repeat until idle-droop ceases. When idling revs begin to climb above 11-1200rpm; turn idle screw one-half turn counterclock. Repeat until idling revs behave. Turn back clock when idle droop returns. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Steve McMahon Green JRSC '00LS

Reply to
McMahon

I have a brand new Mazda Protege 5 Automatic (Bought it 6 months ago). At red lights or stop signs, the car stalls occasionally.

This is an intermittent problem, and only happens maybe once or twice a week .... usually on humid days.

Dealer is useless, they cannot pinpoint the problem ,and their computers read "no problems".

Has anyone experienced similar problems, or have any suggestions.?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Merck