Bunch of Questions to come

Hey Guys, (especially Leon, Iva & Lanny) Nice to see you're all still here. I've got a bunch of questions to ask and would like your input (more than just 'look it up.') Mostly I'd like to rekindle old friendships. Ephar & Bambi The Original Winkin' Miata

Reply to
Ephar

So you're making us guess at the questions? OK, here are the answers:

Yes. Yes. Not in your wildest dreams. Plugwires. No. Sometimes. Yes, always. Yes. Only on Tuesdays. No. The slave cylinder. No. No. Yes. Yes.

42.
Reply to
Lanny Chambers

The answer to most question of all :-)

Reply to
Bruno

Damn I need faster fingers, it should of course have read:

"The answer to THE most IMPORTANT question of all :-)"

Reply to
Bruno

I thought it was the answer to "The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything." or possibly the answer to "What do you get if you multiply six by nine?"

But maybe not....

Reply to
XS11E

You missed one, Lanny. The drain tube.

Good to "see" you again too, Frank. Unfortunately I no longer own a winking Miata - Belle was murdered on June 3 in the Pocono mountains. Now I'm driving a 2004 - but at least it's still a red Miata!

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

"But it was the Great Question! The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything," howled Loonquawl.

"Yes," said Deep Thought with the air of one who suffers fools gladly, "but what actually is it?"

Just re-read that one for the umpteenth time last week...

Pat

Reply to
pws

Hi Ephar. As Lanny notes, the answer is 42. Now please come up with the correct question.

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

No, according to all of the wise and mystical references in my library, that would be "54." Perhaps arithmetic works differently on your planet?

:-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

In base 13, maybe.

Jim

Reply to
Jim

Did you see the original TV series, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy? I thought that short scene was a brilliant means to suggest that all of our science and knowledge is based on fallacies.

At least I think that's the point Douglas Adams was making.....

Reply to
XS11E

Well, there's always "The Dreaded Oil Thread"... ;-)

How long since we've had one of those, anyway?

Reply to
XS11E

See reply to Lanny.

Reply to
XS11E

L U C A S ??

Reply to
Remove This

The DVD collection is even better, with expanded and updated "data screens." It holds up amazingly well for an old, low-budget Brit TV show.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

But it is. Science and knowledge could not proceed without incorrect (idealized) representation. If even we would know what the grand truth was.

It is just that some fallacies work much better than others. :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

42 days in base 13.