Carpet Cleaning

I have to clean the beige carpet in my Alero. So far I've got most of the dirty looking muddy stuff by vacuuming and shampooing, but have some areas that are a bit troublesome. Has anyone tried a dilute mixture of Simple Green? Oxy Clean or another product? I remember a cleaner called AFTA from the 70's but cant find it locally, this may do the trick.

Any suggestions??

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

I lived with a cat and white carpet for several years. I wouldn't use anything "soapy" like Simple Green, as they leave a film that attracts dirt after cleaning. I used Resolve for spot cleaning and a carpet cleaning detergent for larger areas. Both should be available in a supermarket.

Randy

Reply to
Randy Maheux