Ceramic Disk Brake Pads

Does anyone know if ceramic replacement pads are available for a 1992 Miata? ....and where?

Is it advisable to use them rather than origional manufacturer replacements?

My '92 has 37,000 miles and will need new pads soon.

Thank you!

Mike

Reply to
Mike

It's really, really hard to beat genuine Mazda pads for street use. They have excellent stopping power and fade resistance, work well when cold, make very little dust, are quiet and easy on the rotors, and last a long time. They're also very reasonably priced online at Finish Line Performance or Trussville Mazda.

The only time you'd need different pads is on a track car, where you'll trade off nearly all of the other parameters for extreme fade resistance.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

My '91 went 80,000 miles before replacing the pads. How much pad thickness is left?

Reply to
Rod's 91B

I got almost 100K out of my '90. Perhaps I don't drive it hard enough.

Ken

Reply to
KWS