Check engine light - fuel cap replacement FYI

The check engine light came on for the second time in my 7-month old MX-5. It was caused by a fuel filler cap that didn't seal tightly - even after "click-click-click-click" tightening.

Filler cap replaced under warranty by the local dealer. The service manager said they replace fuel filler caps for CX-7's RX-8's and MX-5's

-- occasionally they all come in with the same problem.

Reply to
CR

You mean you never got the recall notice ?

Reply to
Remove This

The service manager told me this was not a recall or a TSB.

Reply to
CR

Well, either it was quite awhile ago, or the ServMgr is "blowin' you off"

Reply to
Remove This

A new fuel filler cap was installed ... as long as it was paid for by Mazda, what do I care?

Reply to
CR

I don't see at TSB at:

you have info on the recall?

Reply to
OldRoads

Here is a link:

Jeff

You should care because it shows a lack of intelligence on the part of the people you are letting service your car. See post below for link.

Reply to
Jeff