Do I need more "M" Clips?

Just changed the pads on the rear brakes and found an "M" clip only on the top of each set. The picture at miata.net only shows one on the top, but the pictures in the Haynes manual shows the "M" clip both on the top and bottom. Do I need more "M" Clips?

Also, I think I installed the clips upside down (i.e., more like a "W" clip and an "M" clip). Will this cause problems?

Gus (91 BRG)

P.S. Some of the easiest brakes I have ever worked on. Another plus for the Miata.

Reply to
Gus

Don't know. When I first replaced the pads on my '92, the bottom clips were missing. The brakes worked fine, though.

When I replaced the pads the second time, I ordered all new hardware, which included new clips for the top and bottom.

Gary

Reply to
GLPILOTSRV

I was going to do the same until the dealer told me that the rebuild kit cost $90. Were you able to get just the brake hardware (e.g., springs, shims, etc.) for less than that?

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

Try doing them without the knowledge of the "rear brake adjustment screw" hidden behind that bolt. Three Saturdays ago, that's how I spent my day. Yes, I feel very stupid now.

Reply to
tooloud

I am greatfull for miata.net as well as previous posts in this news group. I don't do car work without them.

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus

I looked, but I did not located the receipt. I believe I purchased the pads from Mazda and the hardware was purchased separately.

Have you tried calling Trussville Mazda?

Gary

Gary

Reply to
GLPILOTSRV

Thanks Gary. I have not tried Trussville Mazda but will if I can't find a reasonable source in the LA area.

Gus (91 BRG)

Reply to
Gus