Do you think that this wheel can be fixed

This wheel was on the front of a miata, luckily not mine, that hit a curb and appears to have suffered some damage. Do you think that it may be possible to fix this one? ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Depends on your definition of "fix".

:-)

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

No.

Reply to
Natman

pws wrote in news:XeOWd.47812$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.texas.rr.com:

Sure, there are three methods:

Southern = duct tape Western = bailing wire Hi Tech = JB Weld

Good luck....

Reply to
XS11E

I am going with the Southern hi-tech redneck approach. First, a liberal supply of JB Weld followed by duct tape, both inside and outside. It should be good as new. There may be some trouble with balancing, but miatas aren't that sensitive to wheel balance anyway. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Until now I thought Leon had the RAMMM Tongue-in-Cheek Award wrapped up.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

I wouldn't challenge Leon and hope to win on anything, except, finally after 5 years, a drag race between our two miatas, and I don't think either one of us is much interested in drag racing. My car should have just enough additional power to weight ratio to make up for the color handicap of racing a red car against a white one. Of course, I will need to turn the boost up to 15 for make certain of that. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

With this you have locked up the tounge-in-cheek award1

Congrats!

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

O' ye of little faith!

That was a joke, not a good one, but a joke. Don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job. :-) This is just the most wasted wheel that I have ever seen from any miata wreck and I thought some people might get a kick out of seeing the pictures, especially since it is so slow right now in this newsgroup.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Thanks! But that isn't fair, Leon hasn't had a chance to reply yet, and I expect a good one. He is probably out there right now on a street corner explaining things like thermal dynamics to strangers. (bring it on, Leon) :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

You've simply gotten in under his radar...........

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Well, there is obviously no point to try to explain thermal dynamics to *this* group. If they had the scientific background, they would have bought white Miatas.

But I do not stand on street corners. There are too many red Miatas cutting them, trying to make up for lack of speed, as this wheel shows.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen