"Door rattle"

My '96 developed a terrible rattle in the door, would make a steady rattling sound over any unevenness in the pavement. Then one day I happened to brace my arm in the open window against the top - and the rattle stopped! Furthur investigation found I could push up on the driver-side top latch and stop the noise, without touching the door. I don't know why it sounded like the door is rattling, but it was the top latch doing it.

So I was cussing the top latch instead of the door, an improvement (because the top latch would have easier access for me to fix).

Put the top down one day, and when latching it I latched the driver side first for a change. (Usually I do the passenger side first, just the way it works out.) No more rattle.

Just posting in case it helps someone else. This was an easy fix. ;)

miker

Reply to
miker