Fog Lamp lens

While washing my 2001 Miata today I discovered that one of the Miata fog lamps had taken a rock and was broken. Can anyone suggest an alternative to a dealer replacement? Is it possible to just purchase the lens and not the entire assembly? I checked on Trussville's web site and they either sell the entire assemble or just the lamp and housing.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Reply to
Thomas Misek

heh..

I asked the same question here a while ago (coupla months) and got no response. In the meantime my wife bumped a curb with the front spoiler and managed to munch the other one, and the bulb has burned out on the original cracked one.

I'm about ready to just yank them out.

They don't make a noticeable difference in lighting.

Reply to
josh

Reply to
Clark Friedrichs

Reply to
Thomas Misek

Now that you mention it, I think that I have hear that about the Merc. lamp too at this discussion group.

Anyone else remember the specifics?

Reply to
Thomas Misek

i think that the same fog lamp appears on 01-03 miata's and 02-03 mpv's. perhaps if you shop for a mpv parts it will be cheaper? also, i am guessing, but it looks like the 02-03 mecury mountainer has the same fog lamp lens but a different mounting bracket (left and right handed - yours is universal right?). and i don't see the mountainer lamp as any cheaper.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

looked on ebay for "mazda fog" and an overpriced miata one is there... plus, interestingly, a mazda tribute 01-04 lamp that look awfully similar... check it out.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

While washing my 2001 Miata today I discovered that one of the Miata fog lamps had taken a rock and was broken. Can anyone suggest an alternative to a dealer replacement? Is it possible to just purchase the lens and not the entire assembly? I checked on Trussville's web site and they either sell the entire assemble or just the lamp and housing.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Reply to
Kempi