Front Wheel bearing maintenance on a 2000 Miata

I've noticed a low frequency noise coming from my left front wheel. I suspect the wheel bearing, but can't find any definitive answer if they can be serviced or not. I was considering pulling off the hubs to check them out and repack the bearing, but I've seen posts that say that they are sealed and can't be packed.

My Miata has 90K miles and I've not done anything to the wheel bearings...

Can anyone please provide info if they can be serviced and if so what is the procedure.

thanx, mark

Reply to
Kyp

Replace the bearings & seals if that is the source of the noise. Usually a clicking or rough feeling when you turn the wheel by hand. I would also check the rotor&hub for runout, and the hub to shaft for end play. Sometimes warping & rotor wear can cause a "low frequency" noise.

Reply to
Chuck