FS red hardtop from '91

Sounds a bit much. And the newer NA & NB tops go for about the price you are asking. To change over to use on an NB, the rubber seals will likely need replacing with the newer style. Next, the newer tops have a defog element.

Reply to
Chuck

Just for info. Chuck, why or what need for newer seals? I just repainted my '91 hard top and put it on my 2003 LS (early S/N ) and it fit just fine. The seals fit and work just fine. What would you change them to ?

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

The newer seals are softer, and a better match with the seal style used on the soft top. If the old seals work without problems, by all means keep them. I had to go down the road because a hardtop from a late year NA. Caused the windows on my 99 NB to drag the Fiberglass top and did not seal if the windows were lowered. When all was said and done, I also ended up adjusting the windows and the soft top seals. (And got to readjust the hard top seals a second time after it was painted with seals and tracks removed.) (The back window was also removed and replaced, in order to properly prep and paint the fiberglass lip under the back window.) It seems the factory adjusts the windows to the hard top, then to the soft top on a car ordered with a hard top.

Reply to
Chuck