Fuel Mileage

As the one day of autumn rolled in here in southeast Texas my wife reminds me that it is time for our beloved daughter, to take a break from the studies, and come home for the Thanksgiving holiday. So a quick peek at the weather channel and an even faster look as a couple of my favorite weather websites and I was off to College Station to retrieve our little Aggie. First I made the mandatory stop to top off the little red '90's fuel tank and to top off my fuel tank. After a pleasant trip to Texas A&M and back home I ran a couple of errands and noticed that my fuel resources were limited. I stopped in the local fuel stop and topped off again for the second time in less than 6 hours! Upon calculation of my mileage I discover approximately a 2.5 mpg better than what the roller-skate with 150k normally returns. thinking back through history I tried to think of what I had done since the last fill up....... I changed the oil and the tranny lube, replacing both with Royal Purple Products. 271 miles\9.46 Gallons. I always top off to a specific point in the filler neck, nets me roughly 28.6493444608 MPG I'm so proud of my little Red Miata that I paid a whole $3 for!!!!!

Jerry Randolph Houston Texas

90 Red still stock in appearance
Reply to
Jerry

How do you do this, just look down the tube? Did you mark it in some way?

Reply to
Phil Edwards

Nope, I just full to the bottom of the threads where the cap screws into the neck just above the flap. You have to pull the noxxle out and trickle in in kinda slow for the last pint or so..

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

Come on Jerry, the real issue is how did you buy your miata for $3.00. I know you're dieing for someone to ask and frankly, I'm dieing to hear!

Your Houston area brother (Sugar Land),

Chris

92BB&T I have a couple pretty creative options to that College Station drive if you're interested.
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Absolutely. Could easily have talked them down to $2, or even $1.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Chris,

I would be interested in knowing more about any interesting drives that you have found in the Houston area. I live in the northwest part of the Houston metro area

Tom

2001- midnight blue
Reply to
Thomas Misek

The car was purchased new by a lady that I have worked with since the mid-90's. The car was shipped from the Hiroshima plant to California and then to the regional training facility in Denver Colorado. Three weeks after it arrived in Denver, it was shipped rapid transit to Gulf Coast Mazda in Angleton, TX. That is where my co-worker purchased the car. Aside from the weekends that she would entrust the car to me for maintenance and tuning, The single woman was the only driver!!! In June of 2003 she was approached by one of our co-workers who was transferring out of the state and wanted to sell her small sedan at a very reasonable price. Being that she is getting a little older and has a couple of pets that no longer fit in the Miata she made the purchase of the little sedan after she had me do an end to end evaluation. A couple of days before she took ownership of the little sedan she had taken the baby car to the local tire shop to have a tire replaced. they talked her into a whole new set of which they only had 3 in stock. The car made an over night stay at the tire shop. Upon arrival to pick up her pride and joy of over 13 years, she discovered that the original top that she and I had both put much TLC into keeping like new, had been sliced open!!!! The only thing missing from the car was a bowling ball and a stinky pair of bowling shoes. The car spent a couple of weeks with plastic over the gaping hole and after much negotiating with the tire dealer (Goodyear). I understand that the net outcome was that the tires were free. A couple of weeks passed and she took ownership of the little black sedan and was happy as a clam with it. I ask her one cold rainy afternoon what she was going to do with the Little Mazdaratti. She said that she was going to run an ad in the local GreenSheet sales paper, and ask if I was interested. I quickly replied letting her know that I had always loved that little car and would treat it just as she had for years. That is when she told me if I had $3 in my pocket the car was mine, and the deal was struck. It was my lucky day I had about $8 and I was more than willing to give up 3 of them for the Miata.

"Chris D'Agnolo" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
Jerry

That's pretty sweet!