Gearbox question

I aplogize for posting so many questions but I've had my car less than a month and there are some things I just can't figure out. Anyway, mine is IMPOSSIBLE to shift into first at times. I'm thinking its when its cold. Is this common?? I haven't read that its a common problem. Today I tried to shift into first at around 10mph, blipped the throttle to match the rpms and got nothing but syncro-grind. Also, I am thinking of changing to Redline in the gearbox but I only have ramps to drive the car up on. Can I drain and properly refill the car with it being on such an angle?? Again I apologize but I couldn't find this answer anywhere else. Thanks.

Reply to
jchristman

Buy a pump that is made for this job that will pump the fluid from the bottle to the fill hole. You can probably buy one at any parts chain. Well worth the money.

Reply to
BJsMX5

Until things warm up, I always shift my '00 into second before putting it into first. Clutch, 2nd, 1st, release clutch. Mine doesn't grind into first; it is just very hard to shift.

Since I learned to drive in a Scout that you couldn't downshift into

1st, I hardly ever down shift into first unless I'm stopped.

Joe

Reply to
Joe