Hardtop Brackets

I just bought a used hardtop and my car never had one in the past. Hence it has no side brackets on the car. I ordered up all the new parts including bolt but I find noway to attach. I see the welded nuts so I know where they are going to go but I'm guessing I must cut the plastic trim. eh? I don't want to cut anything much less something I just know I'm going to ruin. Does this trim actually need to be cut or can I buy one properly made for a car with a hardtop? If Ineed to cut it, I would think that there is a template so the factory mechanic can install these at the dealerships. Do any of you ex-dealer guy know anything about this?

Thanks

Fred

Reply to
SC.RR

I saw something about this in my reading in the last few days. I think you'll find that the reverse side of the plastic trims which require cutting is marked clearly to show where they need to change. The original tool probably had a removable section so they could make hardtop or softtop versions, and the markings show you where to cut if you add the hardtop later.

Reply to
Graham

Found the link!

Reply to