Has anyone put a 93-97 dashboard into a 89-92?

I really think that I want to try this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
David

Why, pray tell? For the passenger airbag?

BTW, the 1.8 debuted as a '94, not a '93. Hate to see you buy '93 parts and be disappointed.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Huh? Other than the passenger side airbag, I don't get it, the dashes are identical. I would think there are some additional sensors needed for the passenger side airbag if that was your goal and I don't think it would be a safe installation regardless.

Tom

92 Red

David wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

No, actually they are not identical, though they certainly are similar, the center console is slighlty different and the top of the dash has a slightly different shape (from my '97 and my buddies '90). the fit of an aftermarket DIN headunit is different.

I would think there are some additional sensors needed

Reply to
TBG

Lanny, Your correct '94.

Reasons for the change would be... a cracked dashboard on my 91, I like the style of the new dash, I can re-wire any necessary connections (no problem), and I really don't believe that I would connect the passenger airbag (but could).

I am gathering that no one has tried this before.

So, wish me luck. ;) I will document everything.

Reply to
David