Headlight/Foglight trouble question

A few weeks ago my fog lights stopped working. Yesterday while driving from Tampa to NJ, just my left lowbeam failed. I replaced the bulb and that didn't do it. I don't have a shop manual and I've only had my

2000 Miata a short time. Is it possible that the headlight issue is the headlight relay? Is there one for the fog lights?

I've checked all fuses and the fog light bulbs are new... any assistance trouble shooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
zenmartini

I have a 2000 Mazda 626 that has a fuse for each headlight under the hood! There was some wiring that shorted out on a poor headlight connection that took one of my fuses out. If I recall, it was located on the drivers side and on top of the engine. It would not surprise me to find a fuse for the fog lights in the same fuse box on the 626. I'm not sure if the same thing applies to the Miata since I'm fairly sure that my 95 M Edition has nothing like that under the hood.

Reply to
Mike

I was wondering if there was another fuse that wasn't mentioned in the owners manual. I'll take a look. Thanks.

Reply to
zenmartini

Is it possible that a defective relay would cause only the left low beam to fail?

Reply to
zenmartini

I thought that the 626 had a left and right relay too. The car is gone right now so I can't verify. I have no idea if the Miata has a similar fusebox.

Reply to
Mike