Heater connections

So I've decided to take out the dashboard out of the '90 to fix the heater core since the carpet has to come out now that it's saturated. As usual, one stupid thing is holding me up, so I shall ask any of you for help:

There are two wires that connect to the heater blower. This connection is behind the glovebox; they appear to be two connectors; one for each wire. One wire, I believe, is green the other is green and some other color. They attach to the harness that is in the dash, so they have to be removed.

I have been struggling with these for about an hour. I can't figure out what the latch mechanism is and how to free them. I am almost at the point of cutting the wires and splicing in new ones.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Reply to
KWS

When Miata magazine replaced the carpet, they simply cut through the part hidden below the dash.

Not clear to me. It appears that the connectors directly going to the wire harness are a 4 pin and a one pin one. My best guess is you seem to want to take the two pin power internal connector directly attached to the motor itself apart.

There seems to be a catch at the thicker short side of this two pin connector. According to the manual, the connectors come in the "push-in" and "pull-out" type. (There is also a "spring type", but the drawing does not look anywhere close.)

Try also removing in directions normal to the obvious one. Did me in with the clockspring connectors.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thanks, Leon.

I ended up cutting the wires. I'll add some sort of inline connector to put them back. Hate doing that, though.

Ken

Reply to
KWS

That is because they are girley men :-)