Heel & Toe on NB and pedal placement

Hello everyone,

I would like to learn heel & toe downshifts on my NB. To people who are doing nice heel & toe downshifts in their NBs, I am wondering how you all feel about the placement of the pedals. Have you done any modifying, or do you find they are in a good place?

Yesterday I experimented for a few minutes and found

- Using my right foot in a different way (and different place), my sense of where the edges of each pedal are in relation to my foot, is pretty vague.

- There are foot positions on the brake pedal that will allow me to reach and blip the gas pedal, but they feel weird. But I'm not sure if it's a "normal" kind of weird that I just need to get used to, or if I should considering bending one of the pedals or something.

In searching for a new position closer to the edge of the brake pedal, I no longer feel very confident in either the brake or the blip at the moment. But my goal right now is to find a position that is technically sound, then I figure the rest will come with practice.

Any advice appreciated.

Eric

Reply to
earache

Keep practicing and wear the right shoes. (c:

I haven't changed the position of the pedals, I could do with them being further away, but I have got much better at heel & toe over the last few months.

I only own 1 pair of shoes in which its possible to do it consistently and because I am quite tall and have large feet it's more of a brake with one side of my foot and blip with the other than a heel & toe but it works.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I have an NA, and couldn't heel-and-toe reliably until I bent the gas pedal closer to the brake. It's easy: just reach under there and tug it with your hand. "Heel-and-toe" is a misnomer; you'll use the ball of your right foot on the brake, rolling your ankle to blip the throttle with the outside of your shoe. It's still awkward and imprecise, and I rarely bother.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Doug, I'd say that's pretty much normal for what's called heel & toe.

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Heheh, thanks. Being 'normal' is a novel concept for me. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne