How to get top shiny again

My 1991 Miata top is very dull and hasn't aged as gracefully as the rest of the body. Is it possible to restore the splendor (aka shine) of the top after it has faded, or do I need to paint it?

Reply to
Pat

If you're talking about the whole 'horizontal' painted portion, it usually will look allot worse as it takes a more direct beating from the sun. There are all kind of paint restoration processes. Some are even on miata.net. You could also go to any wax / polish mfr. site to get complete instructions. Basically it involves removing oxidized paint, putting nutrients / oils back into the dried out paint and putting a protective wax coating over top to help retain the oils in the paint, keeping the color rich. It's a big job if the paint is pretty bad, luckily you're working on a very little car!

Good luck, Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo