how to remove 2006 radio

My daughter has a 2006 MX5. She wants me to install the IPOD interface. It appears that the Neo SP interface will need to plug into the back of the radio but I cannot find instructs anywhere to accomplish this.

Thanks very much! Ron

Reply to
RP

I don't know, but I do understand that our dealer's service department could not believe the amount of stuff they had to take off to try to install the Sirius option on mine.

If you find out, please post instructions here or on miata.net. Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

4551 Posts 9, 14, and 15.

Reply to
Craig Wagner

Craig:

Thank you, sir! The link to Miata.net was very helpful. I read through the thread and flipped over to the IPOD install. If I follow, we need to do the following:

1) pull side panels on console 2) remove screws to allow radio front to pulled out 3) pull glove box 4) access the back and plug the IPOD adapter in next to the antenna connect. Then she will be off to the races. Thanks again, Ron
Reply to
RP

Craig Wagner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The forum directs you to this:

(There seem to be an awful lot of "crips" involved, proceed with caution because it looks like they didn't proofread much....)

Reply to
XS11E

It always helps if the manufacturer instructions are not that precise. Thanks. :)

Do you know anything about how difficult it is to install the starter button?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

No problem.

That sounds about right. Don't forget the 10mm bolt that's up behind the dash on the driver's side.

I found that if you remove the steering column shroud (three screws, accessible from underneath, then it just snaps apart into an upper and lower half) it makes getting at the 10mm bolt hidden up on that side of the dash a lot easier.

Reply to
Craig Wagner