I'm THRILLED! New to me!

I just bought a 1991 Miata SIGHT UNSEEN. ON EBAY. Well not totally sight unseen, but photos. I'm THRILLED. Hubby and I are going to pick it up this weekend... an 18 hour round trip drive! WOW. Hubby works at my dad's body shop and we are going to paint it HOT WHEELS PINK (the new vibrance colors by PPG)... I cannot wait!

SO, everyone here, tell me, How much am I going to LOVE this miata?

Brika

Reply to
jnbkrabb

Well, I won't say anything about the color since Red is the best Miata color. However, you're going to absolutely love the car.

Make sure to spend some quality time over at

and see if you can hook up with a local club - there's *always* folks willing to help you out with Miata things.

Hmm, a 1991? You could teach that Miata to wink!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Watch it, another driver who painted her Miata pink and then went to the famous "Miatas at the Gap" event woke up to find her car "ribboned" in toilet paper.

Anyway, congratulations! :)

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

snipped-for-privacy@unitelc.com wrote: >

More than you expect.

yrs wdk

Reply to
W. Kiernan

Congrats, it'll change your life (but you might want to rethink the pink ;-) There are some pics around though if you want a preview (just to be sure) of that sort of color . I'll second the miata.net comment, worlds of good info and help reside and trade hands there. Winking is good!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Reply to
Christopher Muto

"Chris D'Agnolo" wrote

The most famous of which was okichristie's

Ken Lyons

Great, don't let anyone tell you not to! But don't be offended if people start calling you Barbie...

Nothing we can say could prepare you. You'll start reckoning the days of your life as "before getting the Miata" and "since getting the Miata." You'll start finding "shortcuts" that add 100 miles to a trip to the grocery.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Thank you so much for posting all of those comments and PICTURES! I CANNOT wait... you are all adding so much to my excitement! I am set on the color, although I can't tell you how many people have tried to talk me out of it. (wink) But I know what I like...

I do have other questions about modifications. I'd love to find some reasonably priced: rims, seat covers (in black and hot pink of course), may be a roll bar, some low profile headlamps, etc.

I'm anxious to read up on this great group!

I'll be driving her this weekend...

By the way, I think we've decided on pesonalized plates. HERZOOM I think it's cute, how about you?

Brika

Reply to
jnbkrabb

How do you mean "wink"????

Now you got me wondering.

Brika

Iva wrote:

Reply to
jnbkrabb

I think "Hot Pink" will work very well for you ! To keep people from calling you "Barbbie", I think it will need a nice White Racing Stripe to keep the sporty look of the Miata. :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

The color I picked is very MAGENTA... it looks red, orange, pink, all very bold from different angles... not harlequinn paint but vibrance which has a metallic color changing quality. I think the true PINK would be a bit much... but I LOVE this color. Even my husband likes it. I am so happy to have found this site.

Brika

BRUCE HASK> I think "Hot Pink" will work very well for you ! To keep people from

Reply to
jnbkrabb

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Reply to
Christopher Muto

wrote

I think you need these wheels

Ken Lyons

Can you order them in pink?

Reply to
XS11E

You could paint them pink! I can't believe I typed that!

Actually, if you need to be frugal on the wheels / tires, any stock miata wheels properly prepped and painted body color could be very nice. Sometimes retaining a polished rim or something really looks good. Perfect example: $400 ~ $500 for a decent set of the BBS '92 - '93 or '95 M wheels retaining the polished lip and painting the 'webbing' pink! Ok, you could be much more frugal, Pat bought a decent set of OEM 15"ers for $100! Anyway, I can tell already you're going to have a good time with the car. Personalizing it only adds to the fun. All 'one-of-a-kind' miatas get allot of attention and just like owning a Harley, personalization can be half of the fun!

Keep us posted, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

perfect! i say leave them white and then get a white top to match (aabestco.com). no one would ever forget seeing it.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

(aabestco.com).

But does it have a HUGE TAK?