I took the plunge

Last evening, I brought home a 2006 Miata Sport, six-speed manual, Nordic Green, with the suspension package.

I realize it's not going to be as quick as a white one, but now that the NC State Highway Patrol has brought BMW motorcycles up here to the area for patrol duty, I'm sure it'll be quick _enough_. Besides, I'm hoping the green will blend in with the foliage and maybe the cops won't see me.

I plan to do my first oil change at around 500 miles. Is there any advantage to using OEM filters or will an aftermarket like a Wix or Purolator suffice?

Reply to
Doug Wilson

"Doug Wilson" wrote in news:g8jng.24203$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews3.bellsouth.net:

I can't suggest strongly enough that you allow the dealer to service your vehicle while it's under warranty, it saves any argument/discussion if there is a problem.

Reply to
XS11E

On NA and NB miatas the OEM filters seemed to be considered to be as good as any and better than most aftermarket brands. I doubt all the comparisons have yet been done on the NC but I would think it would be cheap insurance to stick with OEM.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Thanks, Chris!

For my 500 mile change, I used a Bosch filter since I couldn't get an OEM on the weekend. First thing Monday morning, though, I drove to Asheville to my closest Mazda dealer and picked up a half dozen OEMs.

Reply to
Doug Wilson